Table of Contents
Discovering the Hobbyist Miner’s Crypto Mining Basement Renovations
Welcome to the updated crypto mining basement of our very own Hobbyist Miner! It’s been a while since we’ve delved into the depths of his basement, and things have come a long way since then. This article will walk you through all the exciting updates that have been made, as well as what’s still left to do.
The Progress So Far
The last few weeks have seen a whirlwind of activity in the basement, with numerous improvements being made:
– Electrical updates, including the installation of jumbo plates for switches and sockets
– Data connections organized and labeled
– Window sill installation and painting
– Drop ceiling installation (hired out)
– LED lighting installation and daisy-chaining
– HVAC installation for air conditioning and heating
– Door installations (to be completed after flooring)
While progress has been swift, our intrepid Hobbyist Miner admits that he made a mistake in attempting to paint before completing the ceiling and floor. So, some touch-ups and patchwork will need to be done as they move forward.
What’s Left on the Punch List?
Despite the impressive progress so far, there is still a fair amount of work to be done. Here are some of the outstanding tasks on the punch list:
– Treadmill and Peloton installation
– Themed “Harry Potter” nook under the stairs, including a brick wall effect, 9 and 3/4 sign, and Hogwarts-themed stone wall with shield
– Railing installation
– Flooring, using vinyl wood planks
– Workbench installation in the office
– Biometric fingerprint security for the mining room
In short, there is plenty still to tackle, but our Hobbyist Miner is determined to create an incredible space for his crypto mining endeavors.
Mining Room Updates
The mining room itself has seen significant changes, with the addition of a number of new features, including:
– The drop ceiling (similar to the rest of the basement), providing a heat barrier
– Multiple exhaust and intake fans to help regulate temperature
– A new electrical and ethernet setup, allowing for easier expansion
– The room currently has a total of 14 mining rigs up and running
Future Plans for the Mining Room
Hobbyist Miner isn’t finished with the mining room updates just yet! Some future plans include:
– Increased fan sizes from 6 to 8 inches, increasing intake and exhaust to 3,800 CFM (cubic feet per minute)
– Contractor plastic sheeting and foam board insulation on top of the drop ceiling for added temperature control
By continuing to improve the room’s temperature management and insulation, our Hobbyist Miner will create an even more efficient space for his crypto mining operations.
While it may have seemed like a never-ending task, the Hobbyist Miner’s dedication to his basement renovations has started to pay off. With various improvements both functional and aesthetic, the space is slowly transforming into the mining paradise he’s always dreamt of.
The journey may have been long, but our Hobbyist Miner has learned countless lessons along the way – demonstrating that with determination, anyone can turn their passion into a reality.
Keep an eye on the channel for more updates, and remember to like and subscribe for all the latest crypto mining news and tips. Happy mining!